I can not believe that it’s that time of the year AGAIN! Sure it’s 100+ degrees outside but I’m suddenly craving a PSL and cozy knits.
If you’re unsure what I’m talking about, I’m referring to the Nordstrom anniversary sale where they put out all brand new, never before seen, items and mark them WAY down. Items range from clothing to transition into Fall, beauty, hair, accessories and shoes.
If you’re a Nordstrom card holder than you’re part of the lucky bunch who get to shop the sale a week early. Perks of the early access are obviously getting first dibs. Things do get restocked but it’s hard to say which items will be available once the sale opens to all. But no worries if you don’t have a card, there’s so many cute things to choose from so no fear.
One of my biggest tips for this sale is to take a long look in your closet to see what items you’re missing. This is also a great opportunity to stock up on basics such as amazing quality bras and undies as well as some fun pieces like a trendy pair of booties for a fraction of the cost.
My main focus this year was to grab some new pajamas because my grungy t-shirts I was sleeping in just weren’t cutting it anymore. My stores stock was very limited but I also wanted to get a couple pieces to fill in some gaps in my wardrobe.
- Cinch Neck Tank– Looking for a great basic tank? Well here it is. This is a great piece to transition because you can wear it as is or under the perfect cardigan for Fall. This one was so good I ended up ordering it in another color once I got home. I did end up with a small to give me a little more wiggle room in the mid section.
- High Waist Denim– I loved the fit from the waist to the knee however I wish it had more of a cropped fit. I love a good straight leg but wasn’t a fan of it hitting past my ankle. The quality is amazing and if you’re taller than me these will look killer! These are a 26 and fit great. There’s not much stretch but I felt like I had room to eat some chips and salsa and still breath, lol.
- Tie Back Top– This color is gorgeous for Fall and can be easily paired with a pair of shorts now. It even comes in a white but with messy kids that would end in tears, #momlife. The fit is true to size as this is a Small and fit a bit loose on me.
- Cargo Pants– If you splurge on one item for yourself, clothing wise, please let it be these pants. They’re a bit pricy but once you put them on you’ll know why. My store had very limited sizes of this one so I grabbed the 25 and they fit perfectly. There’s definitely lots of stretch here so I think sizing down is the right choice.
- Stripe Ribbed Shirt– I had such high hopes for this top but it was a let down. I grabbed the XS and honestly didn’t even realize it had a puff sleeve until it was on. I would recommend sizing up in this one.
- Wrap Sweater– I grabbed an XS in this and I felt like it was a true fit. I wasn’t crazy with how the black looked however they didn’t have my size in the green my store carried. It is a great nursing friendly top and I like the cropped fit paired with a high waist jean.
- Barefoot Dreams Cardi– This sweater always sells out! My store only had a medium in the color I wanted so I quickly scooped it up. Yes, it has an oversized fit but I loved it so much I grabbed it. If the darker color is still available in a week or two I may have to grab that one as well. Seriously feels like a hug when you put it on!
- Kimono Sleeve Hoodie– This one came home with me for sure. I grabbed this in a small so it has a slightly oversized fit and I love the cropped fit with the oversized sleeves. It’s so soft and cozy!
- Fleece Joggers– These babies are so soft! I grabbed an small in these as well since I plan to lounge in them but they’re still fitted enough that I can run out of my house and not be embarrassed or should I say embarrass my oldest, haha.
- Pink Short PJ’s– I’m wearing a small in these and the shorts fit perfectly but the top was way too fitted in the shoulders. I felt like I could barely move which is a bummer because I really liked the style. I’m unsure if sizing up would work since the shorts fit and this is sold in a set.
- Shortie Pajamas-These area must have!! My store didn’t have an XS so I grabbed the small and these worked for me. I think a size down would have definitely worked for me however sizing up still fits so I’m going with it. These are so soft and I plan to never change out of them, lol. But really, getting dressed is going to be hard.
Well that’s all I had time for today. Online shopping the day of the sale is next to impossible and going in to the store makes my choices limited. However, I grabbed exactly what I was looking for as I was missing lounge wear from my wardrobe. My biggest surprise was the cargo pants and although I wasn’t planning on grabbing them, I am so happy I did.
I ordered a couple things online, a winter coat, another PJ, and the cinched tank in an oatmeal color.
Happy shopping the sale ladies and gents, xx!