A few months ago I realized that my current concealer was a bit too dark to help cover those pesky dark circles, hello motherhood and lack of sleeping, so as I was in Target I quickly grabbed one to use while I was waiting for my “go to” to ship out. To my surprise I LOVED the concealer I had brought home and thought it would be fun to do a drugstore makeup review. Now I did a little research but mainly picked products that stuck out to me, whether it was the packaging or the resemblance to the “higher end” products I already owned and loved. I figured I would stick to summer basics since that’s the season we’re approaching and since I tend to be drawn to a more natural look I only ended up with 7 items to create an effortless, yet beautiful look.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Profector– I’m a die hard fan of my CC+ Cream so I knew this would be a hard one for me to switch to BUT this Neutrogena Healthy Skin gives the perfect sheer coverage that I want for these warmer months ahead. It has an SPF of 20 which I feel is important and this one also contains a retinol treatment as a bonus. I grabbed the color light to neutral 30 and it was a perfect match, applying was easy and it smooths out any imperfections. $12.69
- Pixi By Petra Correction Concentrate Brightening Peach– I was looking for a dupe to my Becca product I use daily and this is a pretty good alternative. The color is a bit more pigmented which made covering the dark circles nice but I will say this doesn’t have the same brightening affect that the Becca product gives. Overall nice, and at $12.00 a great price point.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer– This concealer is amazing for a light coverage look. I have the color Light Pale, and it gives me the “awake” look I’m reaching for. $7.69
- Physician’s Formula Bronzer– This smells like a beach vacation! Seriously, its so good, not just the smell but the product! It’s truly a powder and creamy formula rolled into one allowing you to use it in so many ways. Use the applicator if you want a more defined look or apply with a brush to get that soft summer glow. Love this stuff!! $10.09
- Milani Baked Blush– The color Luminoso is the perfect peachy tone with a hint of shimmer. I love being able to apply just this and skip the highlighter when I’m in a rush, which is always!! This color would be beautiful for all skin tones. $6.39
- Soap & Glory Archery– I picked this up because I’m a sucker for packaging. Well, sadly it’s definitly not my favorite brow gel. The color I grabbed was the Mocha Up Your Mind, but the formula was way too wet and the color hyper pigmented, and not in a good way. I have to scrap off most of the product before applying and even then grab a spoily and wipe off the extra residue to give a more natural look. $9.99
- Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara– So I’m SUPER picky when it comes to mascara. I have two favorites that are triple the price of this stuff so I was kind of doubtful. Well, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, this stuff is it! The formula is great, it lifts, separates and lengthens, what more could you ask for? Well maybe one thing, the applicator bristles could be a little softer. But in general this is a great product and at $6.99 the price can’t be beat.
I couldn’t be happier overall with the finished look that lasted pretty well throughout the day. Plus for just over $65 total you can’t beat the price.