Rounding up my latest Trunk Club try-on. I’m all about keeping it real with y’all so i honestly felt this months box was a miss and I’ll tell/show you why.
A brief description of what Trunk Club is all about. It’s a styling service and for $25 (or free if you are a Nordstrom card holder) you will be matched with a stylist who will then curate a box filled with clothing and accessories based off of your current needs/wants. If you end up purchasing anything inside your trunk the styling fee will be applied towards your purchase. I’ve gone into further detail in past posts but that’s just a quick overview.
At this point my stylist knows, that for the most part, I have a very laid back style. I did however ask for warm weather/ vacation pieces and I feel like this trunk missed the mark!! Nothing felt like resort wear and even though I have a very casual style on a daily bases doesn’t mean I don’t ever get outside my comfort zone, especially for Spring and Summer.
Ok, now to dive into each piece.
Current stats: height – 5′ 2.5″ weight- 120lbs
- Madewell Whisper Tee– These are my Favorite tees!! They’re perfect for everyday and do wear nicely. I have however mentioned before that I’m the proud owner of many striped tees and don’t need anymore. I was sent my normal size, small, and it runs true to size (TTS).
- Pintuck Sweatpants– NOPE! I’m a huge jogger fan and madewell lover but these are a big old “heck no!” So so bad and unflattering! I was sent a small and the waist fit fine.
- Nike’s– if you’re in the market for running shoes these are a great option! I’m not currently so these were a pass. They run TTS.
- Caslon 3/4 tee– the blue is beautiful but this tee has too much fabric around the waist. If you have a longer torso this could look super cute under a pair of overalls. I was sent a small, and probably would have needed this in a petite size.
- Ab-solution denim shorts– size down!!! I was sent a 4 which I do need to change my sizes under my account BUT even if i was sent a 2 these would be huge! Sizing down to a zero could have made these shorts work. They’re definitely a longer short with a 6.5 inch inseam so Mom approved for sure.
- Sam Edelman sandal– these run TTS. I know they’re new and need to be broken in but they made a squeaking sound with every step. I currently am not in the market for another pair of flat sandals so I passed.
- Red Tunic– this could not have been anymore unflattering. It’s completely sheer and swallowed me whole! If you’re tall and lean maybe this could work for you but the sleeve details were another thing that I just couldn’t get past. I was sent a small and can’t see how an xsmall would make a difference.
- Ruffle Sleeve Top– this is a hard pass!! Boxy fit and the sleeve just seemed silly! Made out of tee shirt material and just looked cheap to me.
- Hinge Popover– this was actually cute but not warm weather approved for here in TX. The fit was great, sent a small, just not what I’m looking for currently.
- Caslon front Knot tee– this was very oversized. My regular size small was huge and would probably need to size down at least 2 sizes. I did like the front tie detail and think if you got the right size this could work. Once agin it was another striped shirt, which I don’t need, I’m also not looking for long sleeves.
- Two in one Necklace– this was cute but just not something I’m looking for currently. Honestly at this point I’m just annoyed with this Trunk in particular and don’t want anything from it.
If you’re interested in trying out this service for yourself click here. I’ve come to learn that not every box is going to be a winner and thats ok. The most important thing with Trunk Club is to make sure you’re matched with the right stylist for you and you are as direct and clear as possible when describing your style and what your current needs are.