Alright y’all, this is it. I’ve officially cancelled my monthly subscriptions so these are my last ones for at least a little while. Why cancel, you might ask? Well, I am officially a sample size hoarder and even with giving lots away, using, or tossing I still have drawers overflowing. I’m also at the point that with over a year and a half with each box I’m getting way too many duplicates. Never say never, but for right now I need a pause from it. You see what I’m dealing with here, lol
Alright lets get into the fun stuff now and since I received the Birchbox first we’ll start there.
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo– The sample size of the shampoo was only big enough for me to use twice. In those two times I wouldn’t say I noticed a difference, good or bad, with my hair. I will say it smells delicious just like the dry shampoo. Not sure if this would be worth the $49.
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Conditioner– The conditioner felt nice and creamy. Once again though, I didn’t have the opportunity to really get a good grip on it. This conditioner comes with a $52 price tag, and first impressions of both products is that I wouldn’t switch over from what I use currently.
- Clark’s Botanicals Age Defying Radiance Cream– Warning: it does have a strange smell at first but thankfully it dissipated quickly. This felt really nice going on, it didn’t leave a greasy finish and makeup applied beautifully on top. This one will cost you though at $119 and I think are better options out there.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Radiance Primer– I love Smashbox primers and this one is no different. I don’t use primers often, like I’ve said before but when I do I stick to this brand. This one does run on the higher side pricing wise at $39 but one tube lasts me so long that I don’t mind the price tag.
- Laura Geller Fortifying Lashes Eyelash Primer– OK ya’ll this stuff is amazing. I typically don’t like lash primers because they’re usually white and leave my lashes looking “spidery” however this is the opposite of those. This will definitely stay as apart of my lash routine and runs $22 a tube.
Now lets dig into this months PLAY! box.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Color Highlight– This blush applied nicely. It rings up at $23 so not a bad price point but I personally prefer NARS or TARTE blushes more.
- BOSCIA Exfoliating Peel Gel– Holy Moly!!! This is LEGIT! I’m definitely going to be purchasing the full size bottle, $34. It’s a gel like substance and as you rub it into your face you will literally see the dead skin particles come off. It’s amazing and left my skin feeling smooth and soft.
- CLINIQUE Pep-Start Eye Cream– I’ve received this product THREE times at this point. It’s nothing to write home about and I’m honestly annoyed at how repetitive my boxes are getting. Coming in at $26.50.
- GLAMGLOW SUPERCLEANSE Clearing– I love all GLAMGLDW products and this one is no different. It’s $32 at checkout but is made with charcoal and is great at clearing out pores.
- GLOSS MODERNE Clean Luxury Masque– This is $65 and I honestly much prefer a coconut mask over this one. I didn’t only get a small sample so I tried to focus it on my scalp but I don’t see how or why to justify the cost.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss– I literally just got this lip gloss in my December box. This one is a different color but still annoying. The one I got before was a shimmer shade and didn’t feel as thick/tacky as this matte color does. Not my favorite, costing $16.
Overall, I’m not sad to have cancelled these monthly boxes. I wish that they were a little more “curated.” Instead I received many of the same products over and over again. I definitely lean more towards the PLAY! box just because the price point can’t be beat and the brands they carry are more up my ally.