My January Trunk came in and I couldn’t be happier with the vibes of the clothes! This month I asked for items of clothes that would be comfortable to wear around the house but yet still look presentable out of the house, aka- mom life.
For those of you who are not familiar with Trunk Club and how it works here’s a quick review. Trunk Club is a styling service for both men and women. They are affiliated with Nordstrom and if you sign up you’ll be assigned a stylist. Once you have a stylist you request a box whenever you’d like, for example if you have a work event and need new clothes or maybe going on vacation and don’t have any warm weather clothing you’d just request a new box. There is a $25 styling fee that would go towards anything you purchase OR if you have a Nordstrom card the styling fee is waived. Click here to read my honest experience with the service. Oh, and each box comes with 10 items total.
Ok now moving on to the fun stuff. Casual is the name of the game and that’s exactly what I got. I’ll list my current weight along with height so you can get a general idea of fit for each.
HEIGHT- 5′ 2.5′ WEIGHT- 128LBS
(JUST 4 MORE LBS TILL I’M AT MY PRE BABY WEIGHT!)
- KUT from the Kloth– Lets talk about these jeans shall we……AH-MAZING! They sent me a size 4 regular which was a bit large around my waist and think a 2 would fit better BUT these have the perfect amount of distressing and they hit this shorty in all the right places. They definitely have stretch and are a mid rise which typically I’m a high rise gal but these could change my mind!
- TOMS– I was sent just one pair of shoes this trunk and they are in a light Birch Nubuck leather. I normally don’t like the look of TOMS, but I have to say the leather really upped the style for me. My only hesitation is that they are such a light color and I know they’ll get destroyed in 2.3 seconds around my kids. I was sent a size 7 and these fit true to size. They do come in other colors so maybe in black I could make them work.
- Halogen V-Neck Tunic Tee– Softest tee ever!!! Like butter! It comes in a variety of colors. I was sent a small and could probably use an x-small for a better fit. Seriously so soft and just $29!
- Bobeau Jersey Cardigan– Loved the light weight material. I was sent a small and it felt true to size. I wasn’t crazy about the strips for me because I own 99% striped tops so I would never be able to wear this but it does come in a few different colors as well. I really liked that it’s nursing friendly BUT no pockets is a big down fall for me.
- BP. tee– Guys, I tried to like this shirt. I swear it’s been made instagram famous and I’ve seen it on just about every blogger I follow and for $19 it seemed perfect right?! NOPE! I was sent a small and it was so boxy on me. Maybe, just maybe, if I sized down to an x-small or even an xx-small it could work but I’m just not sure it works for me. Pros to the shirt is that it comes in different color options and I did like that it comes down long in the back to wear with leggings.
- Halogen ribbed cardigan– I really do love this sweater. I love it so much I actually own an almost identical one. Unfortunately I couldn’t find mine in the grey color but here’s a very similar one in beige by the same brand, click here, and it’s $40 less. I think the fit is perfect on the sweater that was sent. It’s a size small and fit with a little slouch which I think cardigans like this need.
- Halogen long sleeve tunic– This shirt is the identical material as the short sleeve tunic up above. I loved the slits on either side making it great for nursing. The length of the tee is just right to pair with leggings. I was sent a small and I liked the oversized fit for a more casual look.
- Zella live in leggings– These cropped leggings are so cute with the mesh detailing and the shades of grey. The picture here really doesn’t do them justice. If you don’t own a pair of Zella leggings you need to grab some! They’re so comfortable and the quality is amazing, and for a fraction of the price of some other athletic wear.
- Caslon sweater– This sweater was so soft and nursing friendly. I was sent a size small which at first I thought was ok but now looking at the pictures I think an x-small would be a better fit so I would size down. The blue is so pretty but it also comes in other colors as well. Definitely passes the itch test and I think this is the perfect sweater to bring into spring!
- Free People thermal– Last and at the very least is this tunic. Another insta famous top. I had actually bought and returned this same shirt in grey in an x-small a couple months ago. This is a size small and seriously the size of a dress on me! HORRIBLE! I just don’t see how this top works in real life….maybe it’s just me but NOPE!
If you want to go on ahead and give Trunk Club a try click here so that you can also get access to my stylist Halley. She’s honestly the best I’ve had yet!