Wanted to jump on here and give a quick review of my most recent PLAY! and Birch boxes. Ya’ll know how much I look forward to my monthly subscription boxes and this month was no different.
This month I received my PLAY! box about a week earlier then my Birch. This months goodies included two makeup products, two skincare, one hair care and one perfume.
- First up is this Marc Jacobs mascara. Honest review here…. it’s just not my favorite. I’m super picky on mascaras and this one weighed down my lashes and worst of all flaked off throughout the day. Unfortunately, this one just isn’t for me.
- Next I received the Caudalie thirst quenching serum. This stuff really lived up to it’s name and is super hydrating and the smell was very fresh. I LOVE my current serum so I’m not switching anytime soon but this stuff is legit! If you struggle with dry skin, especially with winter coming, then this serum could be a match for you.
- The bonus for this box was the Burberry Blush perfume. It smells heavenly. Soft and floral, very feminine. I’m very picky about perfumes and hardly wear them because they tend to be overpowering but this one is definitely one I would wear.
- The second makeup product in this box is the sephora ultra shine lip gel. The color I was sent is a nice nude BUT I absolutely hate the feeling of gel on my lips. It reminds me of middle school days, so I gave it to my 9 year old to use.
- A stand out item for me was this Origins Charcoal mask. I’m kind of a mask addict so any time a mask is included I’m a happy camper. This one is gentle and does the trick. My skin felt softer and looked brighter after washing it off. I will definitely be purchasing the full size product .
- Last but not least is an item that I’ve used a long time ago. The Moraccanoil Treatment couldn’t of come at a better time. I’m at that point of struggling with new hair growth after a baby and this definitely tames the beast, lol.
Overall, I was very happy with this months PLAY! box. More hits then misses!!
Moving on to BIRCHBOX. Not gonna lie but I’m kinda disappointed in this months box. Out of the five items in this box only one seemed to be intriguing.
- First up is the Briogeo heat protectant. I’ve actually received this hair serum before and its ok. To be fair, my hair is crazy thick so I’m very picky about what I use. I think I personally need something a little more potent.
- Now this next product is the one that called out to me when I opened the box. The Level Naturals Charcoal Soap was something I was excited to try because it’s an all natural product. Unfortunately it made my skin feel dry and almost as if it had left a film behind. So disappointed but I would never recommend this face wash to anyone.
- The Lord & Berry magic brow pencil actually surprised me. Now I won’t be switching from my Anastasia brow wiz any time soon but the concept of the Lord & Berry pencil is pretty cool. It has a marbled tip so that it can add dimension and the formula applied smooth and creamy.
- The Marcelle Hydra-C eye cream sample came 3/4 empty which was disappointing. I honestly can’t give a clear review because there just wasn’t enough.
- Lastly is this Avène Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum. Like I had said before, I’m really happy with my current serum that I use daily. Plus, this one smelled a little too florally for my taste.
So that was this months BIRCHBOX. Kinda disappointed with the samples this month.