As ya’ll know, I love me a subscription box. My two favorites, and the ones that I’ve had the longest, are the Sephora PLAY! and BIRCHBOX. Who doesn’t love a good mail day and getting the opportunity to try new beauty products?! These two subscriptions are always so fun and usually there’s a clear “winner” each month.
Ok first up is my BIRCHBOX. This month the box included more hair and skin care vs makeup.
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré- It says to use this more as a primer. I don’t use primer daily but I will say that this is very moisturizing. Full size is $16-28. It’s nice but don’t think I’d ever buy it.
- OUAI Rose Hair and Body Oil- I haven’t used it in my hair just because I’m in the midst of a dry shampoo review so I didn’t want to change anything up BUT I’ve been using it on my hands at night and it’s and it does smell good.
- Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in Nude- It’s definitely not a true nude but instead more of a pinky tone, it’s pretty. Nice for Fall. The formula feels a little sticky going on but then dries nicely.
- Milk Makeup Highlighter- It’s really gorgeous! It’s the perfect highlighter in the sense that it’s not in your face sparkly but adds just enough glam to your look.
- Davines LOVE Shampoo and Conditioner- Like with the OUAI oil I’ve decided to not use these products so that I have a neutral base for my dry shampoo review. And honestly shampoo and conditioners are not my favorite products to receive. I’m pretty picky with my haircare so I really could do without these.
Now moving on to the PLAY! box.
- URBAN DECAY Hydra Charged Complexion Priming Spray- Now this is a primer I could use more often, such a quick and easy way to implement a primer.
- GUCCI BLOOM Perfume- Smells nice and florally. I am not a huge perfume girl, so I usually give these samples to my 9 year old who loves them.
- dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion- I love this! The exfoliator beads are so gentle but effective. My face feels so clean afterwards. Normally I use a very gentle cleanser without any exfoliants but this would be a great one to add a couple times a week.
- C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum- I’ve actually received this serum before and honestly it’s not my favorite. It smells good but that’s about it, just nothing special.
- bareMinerals MINERAL VEIL- I’ve used this before and love it, it sets my makeup perfectly after I apply foundation or a CC cream.
- MAKEUP FOREVER ULTRA HD- I was really happy to get this foundation to try. It gives a nice coverage…not too much not too little.
Results, this month the clear winner for me is my PLAY! box. Usually whichever box gives me the most makeup products wins in my eyes. Plus, I’m really not into getting samples of shampoo and conditioner and 9 out of 10 times they end up in the garbage because I am so picky.