Alright, finally received my SEPTEMBER PLAY! box after a little mishap with the shipping.
If you’re not familiar with Sephora’s PLAY! box, it’s their monthly subscription that includes 5-6 deluxe samples of various beauty products. It’s $10 billed monthly and it allows me to try products before purchasing. I love it!
- Benefit Gimme Brow- If y’all have read my 5 minute face, then you know I use this on the daily. I seriously love this formula for filling in my brows and making them stay all day. Unfortunately the sample I was given was the color 5 which is super dark. I have pretty dark eyebrows in general so I try to stick with a shade lighter, a 3. If you haven’t tried this I definitely recommend it.
- SEPHORA Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear- This eyeliner is waterproof and holds up really well. The color that was sent is a deep black, called black lace. I hardly wear eyeliner and when I do I tend to stick to a plum or brown for a softer look. With that said I”m thankful for this sample because it saves me the trip and $$$ of buying eyeliner for my daughter’s halloween costume. Win win!
- ALGENIST Power Recharging Night Pressed Serum- OK, I’m obsessed! It smells heavenly and feels amazing! I’ve currently swapped out my Tula serum in the evenings with this.
- URBAN DECAY Vice Liquid Lipstick- I have nothing bad to say about the formula, a matter of fact I think it’s great and applies smoothly. However, the color is just not my thing. It’s Amulet, and is described as a brick rose shade. I don’t know…..maybe it’s my love for nudes but this is just a no go for me.
- belief The True Cream Aqua Bomb- Wow! I’ve been using this in the evenings after the night pressed serum mentioned above. My face has been quenched and feels so soft.
- IGK Hot Girls Shampoo and Conditioner- It literally took me not one, not two, but THREE washes! I know I have crazy thick hair but come on! I couldn’t get it to lather for the life of me. It almost felt as if it was too thin and wouldn’t grab the dirt. The conditioner was much better but definitely didn’t make up for the lack luster job the shampoo did.
Out of the 6 samples I received I really do love 4 of them. The lipstick and the shampoo/conditioner were just not for me.
One of the things I really enjoy most about this subscription is that it gives me the opportunity to try new beauty related items without the commitment. Plus for $10 I really do enjoy it. If you’re interested in trying it out click here to sign up.